Addictions and Mental Health
CTRI (Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute)
Many people who struggle with mental illness also struggle with an addiction. Recovery from both issues is complicated because they affect each other and are intertwined. Helpers may often be at a loss for where to start – did the addiction cause the mental illness, did the mental illness cause the addiction, or is there something else leading to both?
This library of courses provides a framework for working systemically with both issues at the same time. Participants will explore the impact of both addiction and mental illness, be provided with an overview of the theoretical frameworks for working with both issues and learn how to integrate strategies in a way that supports health and change.
On completion of this library, you will gain a further understanding of:
● Understanding and links between addictions and mental illness.
● Identify strategies and approaches specific to youth and “addictions”.
● Recognizing when anxiety is maladaptive.
● Identity areas of consideration within the helping relationship.
● Applications of the basic concepts of mindfulness.
Addictions and Mental Health / 12 courses covering:
- Addictions and Mental Illness – Understanding the Relationship
- Addictions and Mental Illness – Working with Co-occurring Disorders
- Addictions and Youth – Substances, Technology, and Porn
- Anxiety – Overview and Awareness
- Borderline Personality Disorder – Understanding and Supporting
- Depression – Overview and Awareness
- Harm Reduction – A Framework for Change, Choice, and Control
- Mental Health Awareness and Support
- Mindfulness – Overview and Awareness
- Suicide Awareness and Intervention
- Trauma – Overview and Awareness
- Walking Through Grief – Introduction and Overview
Talk to an Expert
Are you interested in this Library?
Contact us for more information.