Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Care provided to critically ill newborns require nurses who have specialised knowledge, skills, and experience. NeoConsult’s Fundamentals of Neonatal Intensive Care course deals with the theory as well as practice of neonatal intensive care nursing.
The aim is to prepare and develop the knowledge and skills of the registered nurse to be competent in the role of neonatal intensive care nurse; especially in multicultural environments where new nurses with different levels of training and education backgrounds, join a new hospital.
● Apply and evaluate knowledge gained safely and sensitively to underpin decision-making and care giving
● Apply and evaluate clinical skills gained safely and effectively to promote the wellbeing of the neonate within the intensive care unit
● Provide and evaluate family-centred care within the intensive care unit
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) / 16 courses covering:
● Initial Assessment of the Newborn
● Common Complications after Birth
● Neonatal Thermoregulation
● Feeding Sick Infants
● Respiratory Distress
● Skin Care – Premature Infant
● Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
● Cardiology Important Concepts
● Disorders of the Cardiovascular System
● Necrotising Enterocolitis (NEC) in Neonates
● APGAR Scoring
● BALLARD Scoring
● Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension Of The Newborn (PPHN)
● Hypoxic Ischaemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
● Nasal Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (NCPAP) for Neonates
● Interventricular Haemorrhage (IVH)
Talk to an Expert
Are you interested in this Library?
Contact us for more information.