The webinar speaker will discuss any injury or degenerative condition affecting the rotator cuff. This includes subacromial impingement syndrome and bursitis, rotator cuff tendonitis, partial or full-thickness rotator cuff tears and rotator cuff arthropathy.
Webinar Title: An overview of Rotator cuff disorders
Topic Area: Orthopaedic
- Outline anatomy of the shoulder
- Discuss the spectrum of rotator cuff disorders.
- Explain how rotator cuff disorders are evaluated and managed.
- Describe complications of chronic rotator cuff disorders.
- Discuss the importance of multidisciplinary rehabilitation
Speaker: Dr Sarah Swartbooi, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr Swartbooi is an orthopaedic surgeon currently enrolled in a fellowship in Sports Medicine at the University of Witwatersrand. She is a passionate medical professional who regularly performs surgery on musculoskeletal deformities, diseases, and injuries. Her interests include:
• All knee surgery.
• Arthroscopic shoulder surgery.
• Muscle and tendon injuries.
• Biological therapy for musculoskeletal injuries.
She works at the renowned Chris Hani Baragwanath academic hospital in Johannesburg, South Africa under the tutelage of Professor Magobotha and Dr Chauke.
Facilitator: Jamie Colloty
Date: Thursday, 15th of September 2022
Time: 15:00 Central Africa Time (GMT+2 / CAT)
Duration: 1 hour
CPD Points: 1