Immediate linkage to patient-centered care and follow-up is required for all patients who have a positive HIV test during pregnancy or at the time of delivery. This presentation will outline the steps to follow when managing HIV during pregnancy and the postpartum period. The webinar will be held in English with live translation in French.
Webinar title: Management of HIV in pregnant and postpartum women
- Screen for HIV during pregnancy and the postpartum period and interpret relevant laboratory markers
- Comprehensively assess HIV disease and opportunistic infections during pregnancy as well as the postpartum period
- Provide appropriate psychosocial support
- Prevent vertical transmission of HIV
- Identify appropriate antiretroviral regimens and follow up strategies through a continuum of care
Speaker: Dr. Chris Visser (Specialist Family Physician)
Dr.Visser is a Specialist Family Physician with extensive experience within the public health sector and the donor-funded environment. In his previous role, he was seconded to the South African Department of Health as Technical Advisor to strengthen the national HIV advanced clinical care program. He is currently the District Clinical Specialist Team Family Physician for Johannesburg Health District, supporting the district’s maternal and child program in a clinical governance capacity. He is passionate about health systems strengthening and capacity development, through training and ongoing mentorship.
Facilitator: Jamie Colloty
Date: Thursday, 26th of May, 2022
Time: 15:00 Central Africa Time (GMT+2 / CAT)
Duration: 1 hour
CPD Points: 1