The lecture will focus on potential opportunities and barriers to integrated mental health and primary care.
Webinar title: Integrating mental health into primary care using technology-supported, collaborative, stepped-care, and task-shifting approaches
1. Describe integrated mental health and primary care models.
2. Identify key policies that support integrated care
3. Understand challenges to an integrated approach in local sites
4. Describe opportunities for integration of mental health and primary care
5. Identify acceptable/feasible strategies for integration
Speaker: Theddeus Iheanacho, M.D, Director, Yale Global Mental Health Promotion Program, Yale School of Medicine
Dr. Iheanacho is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Director of the Yale Global Mental Health Programs and Chairman of Psychiatry at Trinity Health of New England/Saint Francis Hospital, United States. He leads the HAPPINESS Project collaboration between Yale University and local agencies to build capacity for mental health care in Nigeria.
Dr. Iheanacho completed medical school at Abia State University and post-graduate training in psychiatry in Ireland and the United States. He is passionate about making mental health care accessible to all.
Facilitator: Jamie Colloty
Date: Thursday, 16th of June, 2022
Time: 15:00 Central Africa Time (GMT+2 / CAT)
Duration: 1 hour
CPD Points: 1