To discuss the aetiology, pathophysiology, clinical features, diagnostic approach and management of megaloblastic anaemia from vitamin B12 and folate deficiency. In addition, cover an approach to macrocytosis.
Webinar Title: Megaloblastic anaemia and an approach to macrocytosis
- Identify the different etiologies of megaloblastic anaemia.
- Understand the basic pathophysiology of megaloblastic anaemia.
- Describe the diagnostic approach to evaluating patients with megaloblastic anaemia and macrocytosis.
- Overview of the management of megaloblastic anaemia
- Summary of complications of megaloblastic anaemia and education of patients at the primary health care level.
Speaker: Dr Shinny Alimia
Specialist Physician, Clinical Haematology Fellow
Clinical Haematology Fellow, Associate Lecturer
MBBCh (Wits), FCP(SA), MMed (Internal Med)
Currently working as a Specialist physician and sub-specializing in Clinical Haematology (fellow in training) at Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital in Soweto, South Africa. Enjoys nature, the outdoors, hiking and travelling in her spare time.
Facilitator: Elie Badjo
Date: Thursday, 25th of August 2022
Time: 15:00 Central Africa Time (GMT+2 / CAT)
Duration: 1 hour
CPD Points: 1